Intensity is that extra spark to achieve the successes you desire. It is the ability to turn up the flames and fuel your passion for something. It is an intangible feeling or emotion that comes from somewhere deep within.
I held a meeting with some sales consultants and asked them what Intensity means to them. Here is what they came up with:
- FIRE: Intensity is a feeling inside—you know, get fired up! The flames of intensity burn within and spark you into action. Get others fired up too.
- FOCUS: Intensity is the ability to zero in on your target or to have complete focus to gain your goals and aspirations.
- ATTITUDE: To have a take-charge attitude. Intensity is also having mental strength to bring additional heat when needed.
- PATIENCE: Intensity doesn’t have to be wild or out of control. It can be steady, and have endurance.
- DUE DILIGENCE: Intensity is having a constant and earnest effort while pushing the body or mind to attain what you desire.
I got to thinking about what they said about intensity. I personally wouldn’t put patience and due diligence together with intensity. Now, thinking about it a bit more, I believe they do make sense. You can have patience while having intensity and give you the endurance to outlast or work through the time needed to achieve your goal. Intensity will help you focus on diligence and allow you to do the steps needed to succeed.
To add to it, here is what I believe intensity is:
- PASSION: Intensity is an overwhelming feeling inside that moves you to do great things. It allows you to bread out of your mold and do things that will make you successful.
- EXTRA MILE: Intensity is doing things that others are not willing to do. It is about going the extra mile to learn more, achieve more, or do more in your life.
- PURPOSE: Intensity is a determination or resoluteness that helps elevate your purpose. Intensity gives more emphasis to have purpose in what you do. It also allows the spark for you to reach your goals or intentions.
Intensity it is something that not everyone shows. It is an innate desire to want to be the best, achieve your goals, influence others, or accomplish a task. I do believe intensity is something that everyone has. Some it flows more freely. To others, it is hidden somewhere deep within. It is up to you whether you use it or not.
Tap into your intensity and achieve the goals and desires of your life!
-- by Tim Northburg LifeWork Elements